The Music City is steeped in history and provides plenty of great venues for a great St. Patrick's Day celebration. From St. Patrick Catholic Church to Jimmy Kelly's Steak House, Irish influence is fond all throughout the city. Here are some of the best choices for your St. Patrick's Day celebration.
St. Patrick Catholic Church
If you enjoy the beautiful architecture of old churches, this is a great place to visit on St. Patrick's Day. The church was established in 1890 and provides one of the only remaining Second Empire buildings in the city.
Located on 2nd Avenue South, St. Patrick Catholic Church is one of the oldest churches in the area. It's one of the last remaining Second Empire building. If you plan to visit the church over St. Patrick's Day weekend, you'll want to check out their website for mass times.
Jimmy Kelly's Steakhouse
Jimmy Kelly's Steak House is one of the most popular places to go for St. Patrick's Day. The restaurant opened back in 1934 and still remains as one of the top choices for good food and great service. Les Kerr will be performing for the celebration, as well.
Known as one of the top steakhouses in the city, Jimmy Kelly's always provides a great place for dinner on St. Patrick's Day. They provide an annual celebration with music and plenty more fun.
3rd Annual St. Patrick's Day Kegs & Eggs 5K/10K
The Kegs & Eggs run is quickly becoming one of the most popular events on St. Patrick's Day. This year it will held on March 16th at 2pm and will start at Bar Louie in the Gulch, which is located at 314 11th Avenue South.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at a Local Pub
Another great way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day is with a traditional Irish meal, green beer or Guinness. The top Irish pubs and bars include:
- Bailey's Pub - Found on Lower Broadway, this is the right place for couples. It features an open-air second floor.
- Findley's Irish Pub - Featuring Celtic Music for both guests and locals, this Irish Pub is located in the Opryland Hotel.
- McCabe's Pub - Found on Murphy Road, this is a sports part with a great St. Patrick's Day party.
- Dan McGuinness - The name says it all. This pub is found on Demonbreun Street and will feature live music, plenty of beer and a Kegs and Eggs celebration from 9am to 11am on Sunday morning.
- McNamara - Known for a huge Irish party over the holiday, McNamara is found in the Donelson area.
Many Irish pubs will also offer great hangouts for the holiday including traditional Irish dishes, green beer and plenty of other choices. Here's a list of some of the top spots.
All of these pubs will provide some type of celebration for St. Patrick's Day.
Nashville Celebrates St. Patrick's Day
Whether you want to enjoy one of the many events happening throughout the city or you just want to toast with a green beer, you'll find plenty of options for celebrating St. Patrick's Day this year.
The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
The #1 RE/MAX team in the World!