Are you looking to take out some time to wet your palate and explore some of the best wines Nashville has to offer? Music City is home to an eclectic selection of vineyard, wineries and wine bars. Explore popular attractions and enjoy a glass or share a bottle at a Nashville winery or wine bar. Travel just outside of Nashville and walk among the vineyards of Nashville's best vineyards. Nashville residents and visitors have a range of options without having to drive far to find that next great wine.
Music City Vineyards, Wineries and Wine Bars
Visitors are often surprised at the options in and around the Nashville area when it comes to wines. Homegrown varietals and well as more exotic wines are available at Nashville vineyards, wineries and wine bars. Wind down and explore the options at these respected local establishments and wineries.
Connoisseurs looking for traditionally crafted wines may want to head out to this vineyard to discover a new handcrafted wine. Close to the historic Natchez Trace, South of Nashville, nests Natchez Hills at 109 Overhead Bridge Road. This boutique family winery and vineyard uses traditional methods to created old-world, small-batch wines. Enjoy the evening and stay at their bed and breakfast.
Chateau Ross Vineyard & Winery
Head North of Nashville to Springfield, TN and arrive at Chateau Ross Vineyard & Winery on 5823 Fulton Road. Their focus is on barrel-aged dry wines using vinifera grapes, making a selection of bold wines with fruit and oak notes. The vineyard property encompasses 13 acres, including the White's Creek estate vineyard and the Robertson County "home" vineyard. Current grape varieties include Chancellor, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Sangiovese, Syrah, Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Chambourcin.
City Winery Nashville
Adults can sit down and sip their favorite wine at one of the great wineries in Nashville. Head down to 609 Lafayette Street and look for City Winery Nashville, in close proximity to the new Music City Convention Center. Along with a winery space can be found a 100+ seat restaurant and sizeable music venue.
Etc. Restaurant in Green Hills offers patrons an intimate restaurant setting along with a large wine bar. Deb Paquette crafted the menu that includes her favorite produce, spices and global recipes, along with an extensive list of wines and tasty cocktail menu.
J.J.'s Wine Bar
J.J.'s Wine Bar is located in historic downtown Franklin inside a building on the National Historic Registry. Considered to be a wine bar with an edge, both indoor and outdoor searing is available as guests can imbibe on the porch of the building. 28 wine types are available and dispensed with use of a smart-card. Wines are available by glass or bottle. Premium beer brands, boutique liquor brands and light fare, including tapas and desserts, complement the choice of beverage.
Belle Meade Winery
If you're looking for a knowledgeable sommelier who will make sure you make the most of your tasting, be sure to stop into Belle Meade Winery at 5025 Harding Pike. Creating amazing wines aged with over 200 years of history and the Nashville hospitality you expect, seasoned wine lovers and new tasters will be equally satisfied. The winery is located on a family farm, once the premier breeding location for American Thoroughbred horses, and has been host to high-profile guests from U.S. presidents to business tycoons. The winery was founded to honor the legacy of winemaking in the southern United States, and includes choices such as Muscadine and Blackberry, along with a full selection of reds, whites, and sparkling wines. Enjoy tours, tastings, and specialty food and wine pairings.Tennessee has seen an influx of wineries over the past two decades. This state is no longer just known for whiskey. Many wonderful wines come from the 25 wineries found throughout the states. The best choices for your winery tour are listed below.
Other Wineries in Tennessee
- Arrington Vineyard & Winery - Located in Arrington, TN, this winery opened in 2007 and provides many wine tasting events.
- Amber Falls Winery & Cellars - Found in Hampshire, TN, this is a beautiful area with complimentary tastings in the wine cellar.
- Beachaven Vineyards & Winery - A Clarksville winery, Beachaven provides award-winning wines for regular tastings.
- Holly Ridge Winery - Livingston is where Holly Ridge is found and this family-owned and operated winery provides a home for plenty of wine events.
- Long Hollow Winery and Vineyards - Found in Goodlettsville, this winery was started in 2001.
- Monteagle Winery - This winery has one over 150 awards all over the world for the wines they produce in Monteagle, TN.
- Sumner Crest Winery & Vineyard - Maybe the most popular and best known winery in the state, it's found in Portland.
- Tri-Star Vineyards & Winery - Found in Shelby, TN, this is winery is home to the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration every year.
Wine Events in Tennessee
Every year, many wine events provide the opportunity for multiple tastings in one place. These events include:
- A Toast To Tennessee - This is a spring wine festival held in May. It features many different Tennessee wineries with samples and bottles for sale.
- Wine On The River - Held in Downtown Nashville, this wine tasting festival is a fall event that attracts a number of Tennessee wineries.
- Wine On The WestSide - A huge wine festival held in Cookeville this event provides wine sampling from dozens of choices.
- Wine Over Water - A Chattanooga event with wine selections from all over the word, this is one of the top events in September.
All of these wineries and wine events provide a great opportunity to celebrate the wine culture of Tennessee.
Other Notes in Music City
Whether it is fruity, floral or oak-flavored, the wines found in Nashville, Tennessee continue to please visitors and residents alike. There is nothing like the right wine to pair off with a meal and many decide to take home a bottle or two of a newly found wine from Nashville. Use the above suggestions as a jumping off point to exploring the vineyards, wineries and wine bars in the Music City area.
The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
The #1 Real Estate Team in Tennessee and #2 RE/MAX team in the World!