The Realtor new magazine "Inman News" has identified 10 markets where real estate agents are still doing business and making sales despite the economic and housing downturn, based on total sales, median price, and license and Realtor group membership data.
The 10 markets are:
- Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash.
- Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Denver-Aurora-Broomfield, Colo.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, Texas
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Dallas-Plano-Irving, Texas
- Kansas City Mo.-Kan.
- Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos, Texas
- Nashville--Davidson--Murfreesboro--Franklin, Tenn.
Average sales volume in these markets ranges from $599,171 (Nashville) to $1.54 million (Seattle) and sales per Realtor ranging from 3.2…