Moving to a new home requires parents to look at many things, including the schools. Williamson County Schools are the top in all of Tennessee. Both Brentwood and Franklin feature some of the best elementary schools in Nashville, according to the TCAP scores, which test Math, Science, Social Studies and Reading. All of the schools found in Williamson County receive an "A" grade from the Tennessee Department of Education.
Top Five Elementary Schools Based on TCAP Scores
- W.P. Scales Elementary School - 300
- Crockett Elementary School - 294
- Sunset Elementary School - 289
- Walnut Grove Elementary School - 289
- David Lipscomb Elementary School - 288
Top Five Middle Schools Based on TCAP Scores
- Brentwood Middle School - 300
- Woodland Middle School - 278
- Grassland Middle School - 276
- Poplar Grove Middle School - 272
- Sunset Middle School - 260
Top Five High Schools Based on ACT Scores
- Brentwood High School - 25.1
- Ravenwood High School - 24.4
- Franklin High School - 23.8
- Independence High School - 22.5
- Fred J. Page High School - 22.0
The bottom line is, the scores found throughout Williamson County are much higher than averages across the state. Comparing this area to the rest of Nashville, it's clear, the best schools are found in Williamson County. The difference if overwhelming and for parents moving to the area, this might be the deciding factor when choosing a neighborhood.
Comparing the averages from Williamson County to Davidson County, Williamson County is about 20% higher, on average. It's also over 15% higher than both Wilson and Rutherford County. Twenty-percent might not seem like much, but on a regular report card, this is the difference between an "A" and a "C" or "D". If you're looking for the best schools in the Nashville area, you can find them in Williamson County.
The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
The #1 Real Estate Team in Tennessee and #4 RE/MAX team in the world!