Of course, anybody familiar with Nashville will tell you the city is most known for the music scene. However, this isn't the only thing the city is known for. A few things making Nashville famous include:
- Country Music - Home of the Country Music Hall of Fame
- Nashville Predators - NHL Hockey Team
- Nashville Sound
- Oprah Winfrey
- Ryman Auditorium
- AT&T Building - Tallest building in Tennessee
- Tennessee Titans - NFL Football Team
- Opry Land
- Hermitage - Home of President Andrew Jackson and has a guitar shaped drive
- Parthenon - Replica of the Parthenon in Greece
- Vanderbilt University
- Tennessee State University
Here are a few fun facts about Nashville.
- Nashville was founded on Christmas Even in 1779
- Both President James K. Polk and Andrew Jackson were from Nashville
- The Grand Ole Opry was originally called the WSM Barn Dance
- Elvis' gold Cadillac and piano are found in the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville
The city is known for quite a few things, other than just music and being the capital of Tennessee. A few things you may not know about Nashville include:
- Locals are very proud of the wide variety of universities and colleges.
- Comfort food and southern cooking are found throughout the city in abundance
- The city prides itself on being very family-oriented with plenty of attractions for the entire family
- A popular local activity is taking a trip to the honky-tonk
- Many famous celebrities and politicians have come from Nashville
Whether you love amazing comfort food, country music or you love sports, you will find something perfect for you in Nashville. The city is full of great attractions and provides a number of unique neighborhoods throughout.
Nashville is certainly most known for the music scene, but it's not just Music City. Plenty of other things have put Nashville on the map and the city is known for a number of different reasons today.
The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
The #1 Real Estate Team in Tennessee and #2 RE/MAX team in the World!