When you're considering moving, it's nice to understand which communities are located within the new city. Nashville is full of great communities and surrounded by excellent suburbs. Here's a short introduction to some of the Metro Nashville communities.
- Bellevue - Located in the southwestern part of Davidson County
- Bordeaux and White's Creek - This is a northwestern community known as an older suburban development.
- Downtown Nashville - A vibrant area found in the middle of the city, downtown is a very popular place for younger residents.
- East Nashville - Found to the east of downtown, this area is most known as one of the best areas in the city.
- Green Hills and Midtown - A southern area of Davidson County, Green Hills and Midtown are known for the four universities and Music Row.
- Hermitage and Donelson - This part of the city is found to the north and contains Old Hickory Lake and quite a bit of history.
- Joelton - This is a northwestern community with 14 neighborhoods. It's known as a rural area and is the least populated area of Nashville.
- Madison - A northeastern community with large residential developments, this is where the first Elvis Presley fan club was started.
- North Nashville - As one of the oldest communities in the city this is a very popular area. Many historic homes are found here, along with the Bicentennial Mall.
- Parkwood and Union Hill - These two areas are found to the north and provide a rural community with steep slopes and many farms.
- South Nashville - This is an older community found to the south of downtown. It's known for attractions, such as the Tennessee State Fairgrounds, Nashville Reservoir and Fort Negley.
- Southeast Nashville - This community is a bedroom community with large rural areas and large residential areas.
- West Nashville - With the most historical communities found in this part of the city, this is a place full of old, extravagant homes. Many middle to low income neighborhoods are also found here.
All of these communities are found in the Metro Nashville area. If you plan to live within the city, you may want to research each of these communities or at least the ones found in the section of town you want to call home.
The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
The #1 Real Estate Team in Tennessee and #2 RE/MAX team in the World!