May is bike month in Nashville and one way the city celebrates is with "Bike to Work Day". This is the perfect day for commuters to choose a bike over a car and help save the environment. It's more than just dusting off the bike and riding it to work, however. This day comes with many different features including the Mayor and breakfast.
Seasoned bike commuters are invited to enjoy breakfast at the Public Square at 8am and commute to work together. Mayor Karl Dean will talk about biking in the city during this event, as well. There are many other meet up points for bikers wanting to ride together to work, including:
- Belle Meade at Kroger - 7am
- Buena Vista Heights at both Buena Vista Park and 10th and Kellow - 7:30am
- Germantown at Morgan Park - 7:45am
- Green Hills at the Library - 7am
- The Gulch at 12th Avenue - 7:40am
- The Nations at West Park - 7am
- Sylvan Park at Local Taco - 7:15am
- 5 Points at Eastside Cycles - 7:30am
- 12South at Sevier Park - 7:20am
- And many other places throughout the city.
Reasons to Bike to Work
After celebrating this special day, during bike month, you might consider biking to work more often. There are many benefits, including less money spent on gas and the ability to get exercise every day. This is also a great way to kick off your morning, enjoy the outdoors and set yourself up for a day full of energy.
Not only can you bike to work to help yourself, but also you can help the environment by cutting down on carbon emissions. You will also gain the added benefit of avoiding traffic jams and you won't have to listen to those irritating radio DJs either.
It starts with the "Bike to Work Day" celebration on May 17th, but bike commuting could become a regular thing.
The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
The #1 Real Estate Team in Tennessee and #2 RE/MAX team in the World!