The Nashville International Puppet Festival is coming to the Nashville Public Library June 21st through 23rd. Some of the activities are free and will feature colorful story telling with hand puppets, rod puppets, marionettes, shadow puppets and more. This festival will feature all types of activities including:
- String city - Thursday, June 20th at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum starting at 7pm. Tickets are $30 per person.
- TPAC presents Martinis & Marionettes - Saturday, June 22nd at TPAC's Johnson Theater starting at 7pm. Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 the night of the event.
- Puppet Parade - Saturday, June 22nd at 9am. The parade starts in front of the library and will march down Church Street.
Other events happening throughout the festival include a children’s area with entertainment such as jugglers, face painting, balloon artists, uni-cyclists and more. This is a free event with performances by Wishing Chair Productions. Children can even make their own puppet in the craft room.
The Church Street Park Music Stage will also feature entertainment free of charge with many local food trucks on hand. The WannaBeatles will be on the state at the end of the parade and many other acts will take the stage throughout the events.
- Velo Theatre
- Sombrias Chinas
- Dresdner Figuretheater
- Dragon Art Studio
- Phillip Huber, Huber Marionettes
- Lee Bryan, That Puppet Guy
- Bob and Elise Nathanson, Puppets to Go
- Kathleen Lynam, Crafty Characters
- Wishing Chair Productions & The Puppet Truck
- Wild Goose Chase Puppet Theatre
- Coal Train Railroad
- Davey Ukelele and the Gag Time Gang
- Professor Smarty Pants
- Rachel Sumner
- The WannaBeatles
Festival performances are free and tickets can be picked up the day of the events at the library. You can reserve your tickets ahead of time online for $2.50.
The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
The #1 Real Estate Team in Tennessee and #4 RE/MAX team in the world!