The Sensuous Steel Art Deco Automobiles exhibit will be on display until September 15th at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts. This is a special exhibit showing the history and beauty of automobiles and motorcycles dating back to the 1930s and 1940s. It features an Art Deco theme with many automobiles fitting into this elegant style.
The exhibit includes:
- Cord L-29 Cabriolet from 1929 - This vehicle is painted burnt orange and was once owned by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Pierce-Arrow Sliver Arrow Sedan from 1934 - Only five of these were ever made and only three exist today. It was built for the Chicago Century of Progress Exposition originally.
- Delahaye 135 MS Roadster from 1937 - A vehicle by Figoni and Falaschi, it was created for the Paris Auto Show in 1937. It features a leather interior and a disappearing wind screen.
These are just three of the amazing vehicles on display as a part of the Sensuous Steel exhibit.
During the time this exhibit is displayed, many events will happen. You can still enjoy some of the events to come, while others happened in June and early July. Here's what's left.
- Hot Rod on Friday, August 16th
- Lunchtime Architecture Tours held every Friday at noon
- ARTini: Sensuous Steel: Art Deco Automobiles held on Tuesday, July 23rd at 12pm
- Lecture: "What's in a Name? Art Deco's Emergence and Reemergence in the United States" held on Thursday September 12th at 6:30pm
Other events have yet to be announced.
Admission and Hours
The Frist Center is open Monday through Wednesday from 10am to 5:30pm, Thursday and Friday from 10am to 9pm, Saturday from 10am to 5:30pm and Sundays from 1pm to 5:30pm. Frist Center members can enjoy the Sensuous Steel exhibit free of charge. For all other adults the cost is $10. College students and seniors receive a $3 discount and children under 18 years of age get in free.
The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
The #1 Real Estate Team in Tennessee and #4 RE/MAX team in the world!